Plaza Deli has an interesting history. Orginally opened 38 years ago, it has closed and reopened twice. Currently owned by brothers and history buffs, Cory and Sean, the locally famous Plaza Deli duck and signage are all original.
In the back room, there is some additional seating and pictures from Bethlehem Steel are featured on one of the tables. Plaza Deli promises not to disappoint and doesn't skimp on the meat or cheese. "We pile it on," Sean says. "You get a foot-long hoagie, that'll feed you for three days. We make sandwiches for the American working man and woman because that's who we are and that's who we care about."
Tucked in the Sun Inn Court Yard, Plaza Deli is definitely worth seeking out. It offers in-store Wi-Fi, too.
- Handicap Accessible: Plaza Deli does not have a handicapped bathroom.
- Founding Date: 1972
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Take-out
- Specialties: Beer-battered burgers
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered