The Moravian Book Shop was founded in 1745, and is the oldest bookstore in the country. Situated right next to Moravian College and across from The Bethlehem Hotel, this lovely shop has a Christmas department open year round and features multiple rooms holding every genre of book, unique candies, kitchenware, and Moravian and Bethlehem stars and items. Discount cards are available and daily sales are offered online and in-store.
The Moravian Book Shop includes a speciality section with books concerning Bethlehem Steel, the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania and Moravian traditions. Author events are also held at the book shop, which includes an eatery, the Retro Deli.
- Fax: 610-868-8330
- Hours: Mon - Wed,10am - 6pm; Thur - Sat, 10am - 8pm; Sun, noon - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp to the entrance.
- Founding Date: 1745
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Books, Moravian stars, Bethlehem Stars, gourmet food & kitchen items, Bethlehem items, candy, year-round Christmas decorations, cards & gifts, home decor, Trollbeads, clothing
- Services: Classes, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Shipping
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- Which book or magazine would you recommend to customers?: We have an entire area of Staff picks, Best sellers, Indie Next picks, and knowledgeable staff to help make personalized recommendations
- Book store specialties: Audio books, Children's books
- New/used: New
- Book store features: Food, Special order
- Wi-Fi: Free