Bethlehem Area Public Library – South Side Branch
Though budget setbacks have recently forced this branch of the Bethlehem Public Library to scale back its hours, this is still a full-service library that caters to the needs of the South Side's Spanish-speaking population with a variety of books, DVDs and programming. The library is also child- and family-friendly, with computers set aside for games, story times and holiday parties.
- Hours: Tue, Thu, 11am - 8pm; Wed, Sat, 11am - 5pm; Mon, Fri, Sun, closed
- Founding Date: 1930
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Specialties: Large Spanish-language collection of books and DVDs, including materials for children. English as a second language self-study guides and a bilingual staff.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs
- Internet use policy: Half-hour limit at one time during heavy usage; five hours per day total
- Programs/classes: Computer classes in English and Spanish, free homework help, toddlers at play
- Book donation information: http://www.bapl.org/librarysupport/buybook25.html
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: Yes