Located on the west side of the City Hall municipal complex, the main branch of the Bethlehem Public Library offers a variety of materials, resources and programs, all free to residents of the city, Bethlehem Township and a few other nearby municipalities. The Bethlehem Room is a rich source of material on local history. The library also runs a popular book sale every other month.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 9am - 9pm; Thu - Fri, 9am - 6pm; Sat, 9am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: ramps, elevator
- Founding Date: 1967
- Parking: On-street: free
- Specialties: The Bethlehem Room, a historical archive of the city and surrounding region. The library also operates a digital history project that is accessible online.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: computers are available to researchers and job seekers for two-hour intervals; wi-fi use is free.
- Programs/classes: Book discussions and a variety of classes in diverse topics.
- Book donation information: http://www.bapl.org/librarysupport/buybook25.html
- Wi-Fi: Free