The Lehigh Valley Kennel Club hosts its 37th Annual Canine Learning Experience at the Agri-Plex in Allentown this weekend. You can bring your dog too!
There will be a parade of dogs at 11 a.m. Saturday. There will be more than 40 breeds in exhibit and 30 vendor booths. Go here for the full list of events.
Admission is $8 on Saturday and $6 on Sunday. Kids under 12 are free.
Here is what else is going on in and near Bethlehem this weekend:
· Sew Valentines, at the Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts, 427 N. New St. on Saturday. Your child can bring her favorite doll and learn to use yarn creatively by sewing a Valentine card. You can drop in from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Admission is free for children with paid adult pass. Reservations are recommended. Call 1-800-360-TOUR for more information or to make a reservation.
· The second half of the Bethlehem Area Public Library book sale takes place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday in the basement of the Main Branch on Church Street. Classics to bestsellers, along with movies and music will be available. This sale features the American West, gardening books, and guides and journals for writers. Most credit cards are accepted. Parking is available in the garage. All proceeds benefit the Library.
· Watch a Bout. The Sands Bethlehem Event Center hosts Championship Boxing with Travis “My Time” Kauffman meeting Vincent Thompson. Doors open at 6:15 Saturday, with the first bout at 7:15 p.m. Kauffman, of Reading, has a record of 27-1 with 20 knockouts. Thompson of Federal Way, Washington has a record of 13-1 with two knockouts, according to a release. Reserved seating is $50 to $200.
· Girls Guns & Glory is described as a throwback to the roots of rock n’ roll with a twist of country. Hear them live at Godfrey Daniels at 8 p.m. Saturday. Singer-songwriter Sarah Borges opens. Admission is $17.50.
· Celebrate Elvis' Birthday. Are you a fan of young '50s Elvis or '70s Vegas Elvis? You can celebrate both at 3 p.m. Sunday at the State Theatre in Easton. The Elvis Birthday Bash will feature Scot Bruce as the young Elvis, and Mike Albert playing Presley in his later years. Tickets are $36-$41, and are available at the theater box office, by calling 1-800-999-STATE, 610-252-3132 or online at www.statetheatre.org.