That slight touch of fall we’ve felt in the air these last few weeks will be nowhere in sight the next few days as more typical summer weather returns.
The humidity is already back and the heat follows as temperatures soar again toward 90 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, according to the National Weather Service.
Despite that, the march toward the beginning of the school year continues. In fact, most students at the Lehigh Valley Academy Charter School are back in class on Tuesday.
Students in the Bethlehem Area School District and Catholic Schools in the Allentown Diocese are due back in class in one week. New teachers in the BASD will be in orientation on Monday. All teachers are back to work on Wednesday.
And these schools in the BASD are holding these events this week:
· Governor Wolf Elementary School new student orientation Tuesday.
· Thomas Jefferson Elementary School hosts Kindergarten orientation Wednesday.
· Donegan Elementary School hosts SPARK orientation Wednesday.
· Governor Wolf Elementary School hosts Kindergarten Play Date Wednesday.
· Donegan Elementary School hosts Kindergarten orientation Thursday.
· Spring Garden Elementary School hosts Kindergarten play date Friday.
Other things happening this week:
- The Bethlehem Area School Board holds a special meeting at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the auditorium at Northeast Middle School. The primary order of business is to consider a bid for emergency work to remove mold at East Hills Middle School.
- Bethlehem Township Commissioners also meet at 7 p.m. Monday. They will hear a PennDOT presentation on planned interchange improvements for Route 33 at Freemansburg Avenue.
- Bethlehem City Council meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Town Hall. That agenda was not yet publicly available.
- If you use Wyandotte Street/Route 378 during daytime hours, give yourself some extra time. PennDOT contractors will be milling and paving from Broadway to Black River Road in Lower Saucon Township between Monday and Thursday. There could be alternating lane closures with flagging.
- The free movie at the Levitt Pavilion SteelStacks on Wednesday night is Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted at 8 o’clock.
- One of New Orleans’ elite brass bands visits the Levitt Pavilion at 7 p.m. Thursday. The Stooges Brass Band blends the traditional New Orleans brass sound with more contemporary sounds of hip hop, funk and R&B.