The city of Bethlehem’s Public Works Department will begin its annual street-by-street collection of fallen leaves on Nov. 11 on the city’s West Side and is scheduled to conclude—depending on weather and other demands—in South Bethlehem on Dec. 13.
Residents are requested to abide by the following guidelines for leaf collection:
- Remove cars from scheduled streets whenever possible- leaves under vehicles will not be removed.
- Have leaves ready in the gutter before the City gets to your street. Special accommodations will not be made for those who place leaves in the street after the trucks have passed.
- DO NOT mix branches, grass or garbage with the leaves.
- Branches may be taken to the Compost Center.
- If it rains, the sections will be done on the next possible day.
- Leaves in paper earth bags will be collected--please call (610) 865-7065.
- NO Plastic bags Please!
- Leaves must be placed in the street in the front of your property. Leaves in alleys will not be collected.
Click here to see the anticipated schedule. Any questions should be directed to the Public Works Streets Bureau (610) 865-7065.