Judge Robert E. Simpson of Pennsylvania's Commonwealth Court - a Lehigh Valley native - is the man who will decided a case challenging the state's controversial Voter ID law.
Simpson, 60, graduated from in Bethlehem and lives in Nazareth.
- Was elected to the Commonwealth Court in 2001
- Served as a trial judge in Northampton County from 1989 through 2001
- Previously practiced as a trial lawyer
- Is a magna cum laude graduate of Dickinson College and a graduate of the Dickinson School of Law
- Served as law clerk to the Honorable Glenn E. Mencer of the Commonwealth Court