The Citizens Christmas City Committee is accepting original artwork submissions for the 2013 Christmas City Seal contest until Monday, September 16.
The Christmas Seal is the primary fundraiser which pays for the trees and lighting for the City of Bethlehem during the holiday season.
The Committee will accept two-dimensional, color art in any medium, including but not limited to, oil, pastel, watercolor, photography, graphic and/or digital art.
The selected artist will receive a $300 cash award and a handsome commemorative plaque at Bethlehem’s Christmas City Tree Lighting Ceremony on November 22, 2013.
Submission deadline is Monday, September 16 and all work can be submitted to the Bethlehem Chamber of Commerce, One East Broad St, Suite 560, Bethlehem, PA 18018. All questions can be directed to Lynn Collins Cunningham at 610-739-1510 email@example.com .
* Each submission must be an original artwork/design by the artist.
* The 2013 Seal will have an open theme this year. All entries should reflect Christmas in Bethlehem (Pa.) in some form or manner.
* Selected artwork will be reduced in size to meet the stamp dimensions of the Seal. In recent years the seal has taken on a common size of approximately 1 ½” x 2 ¼” which can be either vertical or horizontal in design. Artists are advised to pursue a simple design and refrain from extensive detail. A poster showing past Christmas City Seals since 1964 can be seen in the lobby of Bethlehem City Hall or in the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bethlehem office at 561 Main Street, Suite 200.
* A photograph (slide or print) or printout of the original art may be submitted for consideration. If possible, the committee would prefer that a stamp-size version accompany the original submission in order to better review the artwork in its proper context.
* A completed and SIGNED ENTRY/RELEASE FORM must accompany each submission (limited to 3 entries per artist). Contact Lynn Cunningham for an entry form.