Good morning Bethlehem. Today is Monday, November 14, 2011. Welcome to the working week.
- Friday night in Easton. But the Liberty Hurricanes won their Eastern Conference Division IV semi-final Saturday in Hawley, beating Wallenpaupack 35-34 in overtime by blocking an extra point attempt. Here’s a box score from The Express Times. Friday night, the Hurricanes play at Whitehall for the championship.
- Get solid job hunting advice from experts at CareerLink of the Lehigh Valley, 1601 Union Boulevard, Allentown, First, get your resume critiqued in a one-on-session between 9 a.m. and noon. Then attend a seminar on the job and labor market in the Lehigh Valley. Learn about trends in demand occupations in a session that starts at 1:30 p.m.
- Report cards for the first quarter go out for elementary school pupils in the today.
- PriorityCare, a new urgent care center at 2151 Emrick Boulevard in Bethlehem Township, is celebrating its opening by holding free health screenings from 4 to 6 p.m. Tests for blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol and bone density will be offered free of charge. Representatives of will also be there to offer free screenings for balance and reaction time. Flu vaccinations will also be available without appointment for $25.
- The Bethlehem Area School Board committees for finance and human resources will meet starting at 6 p.m. at the Education Center on Sycamore Street.