Good morning Bethlehem. Today is Monday, December 5, 2011. Welcome to the working week.
- City public works crews will be doing curbside leaf collection through Northeast Bethlehem for the next three days. We are talking about Linden Street, Center Street, Dewberry Avenue, Macada Road, Butztown Road, Edgewood Avenue, North Boulevard, Biery’s Bridge Road and lots of points in between. If you haven’t already, get raking.
- In recognition of National Influenza Week, the will be running out of its City Hall offices every day this week from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. No appointment is necessary. Shots are $10 for city residents or free for some Medicare Part B patients.
- Christmas events are happening every night in the Historic Downtown. That includes the , the and the . The is the presenter of entertainment and goodies at today’s calendar at the 1810 Goundie House.
- The Bethlehem Area School Board holds its reorganization meeting at 6 p.m. in the . Basilio Bonilla and Sudantha Vidanage will be sworn in along with the re-elected Michele Cann. After electing a new set of officers, the board will also hold a Finance Committee meeting.
- Bethlehem Township Commissioners meet at 7 p.m. at the on Easton Avenue. The agenda looks fairly light.