Good morning Bethlehem. Today is Monday, September 12, 2011. Welcome to the working week.
- We are several days removed from scattered resulting from heavy rain from the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee, but much of the damage remains and needs cleaning up. A section of Green Pond Road in Bethlehem Township remained closed as of Sunday evening. And if you had damage to your property, the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency would like you to to your local government officials as soon as possible.
- The region’s remembrance of September 11 continues today at as the campus community remembers with a . It starts at 8 a.m. when the CNN coverage of that day’s events are repeated. At 12:15 p.m., public relations professional Kim Plyler, an eyewitness to the attack at the . The day features more remembrances, including a display of international headlines from Sept. 12, 2001.
- The Bethlehem Health Bureau is sponsoring and hosting a special at starting at 9 a.m. The Tdap(tetanus, diptheria and pertussis) vaccine is free. Plus, receive a free gift during your visit.
- CareerLink of the Lehigh Valley is holding workshops for job hunters. From 9 a.m., until noon, get your resume evaluated and get suggestions on content and format. At 1:30 p.m., go to a workshop on occupational trends in the Lehigh Valley. Get a line on where the jobs will be and prepare yourself.
- The Bethlehem Area School Board meets at 6 p.m. at the for Finance Committee and Curriculum Committee sessions.