Good morning, Bethlehem. Today is Monday, August 8, 2011 – a good day to speak of the pompatus of love. It is Day Four of Musikfest 2011.
- The National Weather Service is saying this will be another warm, muggy day with a chance of scattered thunderstorms – mainly between 2 and 8 p.m. The high temperature is expected to reach 89 degrees.
- If you’re taking the kids down to Banana Island, the Cool Crafts Tent theme of the day is bugs. A band named the Fuzzy Lemons plays the family-friendly stage between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m.
- If you want to see what some of the older kids are up to, move over to Plaza Tropical at 3:30 p.m. to hear a showcase of some of the talented teens from the
- The free stage highlights include Nanticoke, PA polka legends John Stanky & The Coalminers at Festplatz at noon and the comedic folk stylings of The Arrogant Worms at Liederplatz at 9 p.m. But you will be hard-pressed to find a hipper place to be than Americaplatz at 9 p.m. when The Low Anthem, the current “it” indie folk band takes the stage. Click here for the full schedule.
- Some people call him the space cowboy. Some call him the gangster of love. You can see him at the Sands Steel Stage at 8:30 p.m. tonight. We are talking about classic rocker Steve Miller. Tickets at $49 and $39 are still available.