Oktoberfest at SteelStacks heads to the finish line this weekend with three days of music, food and fun, including last year's festival hit - the dachshund races - set for 1 p.m. Saturday.
This year's races already include more than 30 dachshunds.
Other highlights of Oktoberfest's final weekend include:
- The Oktoberfest Parade, Oct. 14, 12:30 p.m. – featuring the scholastic marching band showcase, Miss Oktoberfest, vintage D.G. Yuengling & Son vehicles and more. Area veterans and active servicemen have also been invited to participate in the event.
- Games - Stein races, barrel rolling competitions, Twister, Das Cliff Hanger and more!
- Oktoberfest rides – Ferris Wheel, Merry-Go-Round and The Vertigo, swings that rise more than 80 feet in the air!
Free giveaways to the first 500 people in the gates each day:
- Oct. 12 – Oktoberfest Pitchers by ArtsQuest – first 500 patrons age 21 & older
- Oct. 13 – Service Electric Lederhosen T-shirts – first 500 men age 18 & older
- Oct. 13 – USB car chargers by MetroPCS – first 500 patrons - Starting at 4 p.m.
- Oct. 14 – MINI of Allentown - Yo-Yos - first 500 patrons
Last weekend, South Bethlehem’s Tally Ho won the first-ever bar skills challenge at Oktoberfest after five hours of competiton. The Tally Ho bested nine other area taverns by posting the fastest aggregate time while competing in four different events - stein racing, barrel rolling, Brat Flip Cup and the 40,000-pound Yuengling truck pull.
Also, last weekend, Lauren Sunday of Bethlehem, a barmaid at Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub, was crowned Miss Oktoberfest. She received the most of 3,800 votes cast on-line and at the festival among 10 barmaids competing for the crown. As the Miss Oktoberfest winner, Sunday will serve as the grand marshal of the Oktoberfest parade.
Oktoberfest hours are 5 p.m.-midnight Friday, noon-midnight Saturday and noon-9 p.m. Sunday.
You can purchase tickets at the gate for $10 or $8 for ArtsQuest members. Weekend passes for all three days are $20 or $15 for ArtsQuest members.
For more information, visit www.artsquest.org/oktoberfest.