Interested actors have until Thursday to submit applications to audition for an interactive play – Finnegan’s Farewell – that will be performed at the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks in March.
The auditions will be held 1-5 p.m. Sat., Jan. 26 and Sun., Jan. 27 in the Banana Factory, 25 W. Third St., Bethlehem. Saturday’s audition will be held in the Banko Community Room; Sunday’s audition will be held in the Crayola Gallery.
Audition slots must be reserved by contacting ArtsQuest Programming Manager Ryan Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org; each slot is 10 minutes long.
The following is a list of roles available in Finnegan’s Farewell:
- PADDY FINNEGAN: Family patriarch, Irish-American, postman, 60s
- MAGGIE FINNEGAN: Family matriarch, lunch lady, 50s
- PATRICK FINNEGAN: Oldest son, FBI agent, 25-35
- ERIN FINNEGAN-GILBOY: Oldest daughter, teacher, 35-40
- BRIAN FINNEGAN: Youngest son, fireman, 20-30
- COLLEEN FINNEGAN: Youngest daughter, waitress, 20-30
- JIMMY GILBOY: Erin’s husband, 30-40
- BROOKE LEWIS: Patrick’s fiancée, 30-35
- BUSTY QUIVERS: Cocktail waitress, 35-40
- FATHER SEAMUS MCMURPHY: Priest, 40s
- BILL BUCKLEY: Embalmer, 40s
- KATHERINE BUCKLEY: Embalmer, 40s
- MAX GOLDSTEIN: Lawyer, Jewish, 40s
- TYRONE JEFFERSON: Mailman, African-American, 20s
- ELTON MCGUIRE: Waiter, 20s
- BRIDGET GILBOY: Granddaughter, a step dancer, 5-10
- THE RIVER KIDS/ALTAR GIRLS: Irish step dancers, 5-16
- THE DUBLINEERS: Irish band
- IRISH BAGPIPER
Summary of Types: Men & women ages 18-70, girls ages 5-17 (girls must be able to Irish step dance); Irish preferred, but not required. Irish accent preferred.
Showtimes: March 7-10; 7 p.m. Thurs.-Sat. & 4 p.m. Sun.
Rehearsals will be held in the week leading up to the run of the show; a complete rehearsal schedule will be provided at the audition. Actors who are selected to appear in the performances will be compensated for their involvement.
Those interested in auditioning need to e-mail ArtsQuest Programming Manager Ryan Hill at email@example.com no later than Thurs., Jan. 24, 5 p.m., with their name, phone number, resume, headshot and audition availability. Audition times will be assigned via email. No phone calls, please.
More information on Finnegan’s Farewell can be found at www.tonylovestina.com/finnegans/.