This article first appeared on one of our other sites, but it's content is useful for readers anywhere. Here in Easton, I regularly have people ask how they could go about promoting upcoming events.
This is how:
Follow these steps to learn how to add your event, and help us fill our calendar.
- Select "Put an event on the calendar" at the bottom of the page in the contribute box, or choose "Events" from the tool bar. Once on the events page, you can click "Add an Event."
- Give your event a title. IE: Troop 151 to Host Bake Sale
- Enter a date and time for the event.
- Either search for a location in the "Where" spot, or enter the address of the event.
- Add a description letting the community know what the event is for, who can come and anything else you think is relevant.
- Choose a category for the event.
- You can add a link to the website, contact information, price and a ticket website, but it isn't necessary to post the event.
- Click "Post My Event," and it will show up on the events calendar shortly.
Now the whole Patch community will know about your event, and it might even be featured in our "5 things" feature at the start of the week, or in our weekend events round-up each Friday.
If you have any questions/problems, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org