In the wake of the unimaginable tragedy at Sandy Hook School Friday, people from all over the world -- in Connecticut, California, Canada and much farther away in Australia and India -- sent an outpouring of support and want to know how they can help.
Newtown Patch will continue to update this article with ways to help—posting updates to the story as well as in the comments thread, triggering an email notification to commenters—and if you know of an organization or fundraiser providing assistance, let us know in the comments section, too.
Already the United Way of Western Connecticut, in partnership with Newtown Savings Bank, created the Sandy Hook School Support Fund to help provide support services to the families and community that are affected.
Check donations may be mailed to:
Sandy Hook School Support Fund
c/o Newtown Savings Bank
39 Main Street, Newtown CT 06470
If you have questions on the fund, you may call 800-461-0672.
- United Way's Sandy Hook Support Fund Announcement
- Checks may also be dropped off at any Newtown Savings Bank branch location.
More links to Newtown Patch’s coverage here:
- Reaction: Sandy Hook School Shooting
- Police Raid Sandy Hook Home Hours After Shooting
- [PHOTOS] Newtown School Shooting