The staff at PA211 EAST has compiled a list of organizations providing Thanksgiving holiday meals for families in Lehigh and Northampton counties this season.
For the most up-to-date listings, Dial 2-1-1, call 1-(855) 501-6785 or visit the website http://www.uwlanc.org/holiday-resources.
THANKSGIVING FREE MEALS
Bethany Evangelical Congregational Church
at Everlasting Life Ministries, 224 N. Sixth St., Allentown, PA - (610) 776-4009
- Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012, 12:30 p.m. & 3 p.m.
- Volunteer servers are needed (arrive by 11 a.m. for the 12:30 p.m. seating and by 2 p.m. for the 3 p.m. seating), preregistration is not required to volunteer
- Requests donations of fresh or frozen turkeys and/or monetary donations (marked for Everlasting Life Ministries) which may be dropped off at the church Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m. - noon.
Jordan United Church of Christ, 1837 Church Road (corner of Route 309 and Walbert Avenue), South Whitehall, PA - (610) 395-2218
- Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
St. James A.M.E. Zion Church, 410 Union St., Allentown, PA- (610) 841-4407 (leave message for Pamela)
- Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012, 12-3 p.m.
St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Fellowship Hall, 36 S. Eighth Street, Allentown, PA - (610) 435-9065
- Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012, 11:30 a.m. -2:30 p.m.
St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church, 1421 W. Turner St., Allentown, PA - (610) 439-8821
- Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012, service at 10:30 a.m., meal at 11 a.m.
New Bethany Ministries at Mollard Hospitality Center, 341 W. Fourth St., Bethlehem, PA - (610) 691-5602
- Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012, noon-1 p.m.
Trinity Episcopal Church at Third Street Alliance for Women and Children, 41 N. Third St. (front Third Street door), Easton, PA - (610) 253-0792
- Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012, 12-1 p.m.
- Reservations are not needed
St. John’s Lutheran Church, 206 E. Main St., Bath, PA - (610) 837-1061
- Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012, 12 p.m.
About PA 211 EAST:
PA211 EAST, one of seven regional call centers now covering Pennsylvania, is an information and referral service helping those in Berks, Lancaster, Lehigh and Northampton Counties. 2-1-1 is a toll-free national number designated by the Federal Communications Commission that enables people to connect to local services quickly and easily with the guidance of trained information call specialists.
Information on a broad range of human services, including basic needs, food pantries, housing and utility assistance, support groups, health care, youth programs and aging services and much more, is provided with one simple call. Whether looking for help or wishing to give help, 2-1-1 is the number that can connect you. Staff are available Monday through Friday, 7 am-6:30 pm. If 2-1-1 is not accessible on your phone, staff can also be reached by dialing: 1-(855) 501-6785.