Lehigh Valley Health Network will administer free seasonal flu vaccinations for adults and children six months and older during two drive-through community sessions this weekend:
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Dorney Park
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at Coca-Cola Park
Once again this year LVHN is partnering with area food banks and shelters including the Allentown Area Ecumenical Food Bank, Second Harvest Food Bank, Allentown Rescue Mission and the AIDS Activities Office food pantry to accept donations of non-perishable food items that have not expired during each of the drive-thru sessions. Food donations are optional and not required to receive a shot.
Those planning to receive a shot are urged to register online in advance. Hourly slots are available for both sessions. Reservation times are estimates and not guaranteed. A vaccine information statement, consent form, link to online registration and maps of both locations are available at lvhn.org by clicking on the box “Sign up for your free flu shot.”
More than 10,000 shots were given during LVHN's two-day event last November.
Try to register for the afternoon time slots because the lines tend to be shorter meaning little or no waiting to get a shot.
Follow these instructions:
- Access a vaccine information sheet and consent form for each person to be vaccinated at lvhn.org, or request forms by calling 610-402-CARE (2273).
- Complete the consent form and bring it with you when you get vaccinated.
- Dress appropriately—loose-fitting clothing for the shot to be administered in the arm of an adult and the leg of children less than two years old.
- Please NO PETS in the vehicle.