Lehigh Valley Health Network will again this year give out free flu vaccinations at two community drive-through sessions:
- At Dorney Park in South Whitehall, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 9.
- At Coca-Cola Park in Allentown, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 10.
Lehigh Valley Health Network will accept donations of non-perishable food items, in partnership with the Allentown Area Ecumenical Food Bank, Second Harvest Food Bank, Allentown Rescue Mission, Transitional Living Center Program and the AIDS Activities Office food pantry.
However, you do not have to donate food to get a flu shot.
Those who choose to donate food are urged to check the expiration date and only bring items that have not expired and are non-perishable.
Those planning to receive a flu shot are urged to register online in advance. Go to http://www.lvhn.org. Or, you can request forms by calling 610-402-CARE (2273).
If you are planning to get a flu shot through the drive-thru, Lehigh Valley Hospital recommends:
- Complete the consent form you obtain online and bring it with you when you get vaccinated.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing for the shot to be administered in the arm of an adult and the leg of children less than 2 years old.
- Do not have pets in the vehicle.