Good morning, Bethlehem. Today is Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013.
For obvious reasons, this will be a somewhat somber day with solemn remembrances both public and private. Here is our list of local events to mark the occasion.
And if you haven’t already seen it, check out Christine Burke’s fabulous blog on why her emotions on this day are a little more complicated than most.
Here’s what’s happening today in Bethlehem:
- Weather forecasters are calling for a late summer scorcher. It’s supposed to be hot and humid, with a high of 91 degrees and a chance of thunderstorms.
- Liberty High School and Freemansburg Elementary School host parental open houses.
- If you’ve ever thought about a career in senior citizen care giving, check out the Traditions of Hanover Career Fair on Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The event is at the company’s new office at 310 Stoke Park Road, Suite 105, in Hanover Township.
- One of the Sept. 11 remembrances will take place at SteelStacks, which will host a Patriots Day Celebration featuring a concert of patriotic music and marches by the Bethlehem Municipal Band, starting at 7 p.m. All day, ArtsQuest also will be celebrating the region’s first responders by displaying banners that feature photos of the region’s police, firefighters and emergency medical technicians.
- Celtic rock band Gaelic Storm performs at 7:30 p.m. at the Musikfest Café in support of their latest album “Chicken Boxer.” Tickets at $37, $27 and $22.