Police: Homeless Man Shouted Bomb Threat in Sands
Man walked into lobby of Sands, shouted "A bomb to this ... place!" then gestured with his hands as if he were pointing a gun, court records say.
Around noon Friday, a homeless man walked just a few steps into the lobby of the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem and shouted “A bomb to this f------ place.” And he waved his hands “in a pointing fashion similar to how one would hold a gun,” court records say.
Then he walked out.
The man, Joseph Anthony Preziosi, 47, was taken into custody by Sands security, who may have recognized him because he was cited for trespassing at the Sands twice before, the records say.
Preziosi’s actions were captured on surveillance video. And a security officer working the lobby area told Bethlehem police Preziosi shouted “something incomprehensible” before shouting about a bomb.
The Sands security supervisor told police that in addition to being cited for trespassing Feb. 3 and Feb. 16, both in 2011, Preziosi was formally evicted from the casino March 8, 2010 for panhandling.
On Friday, Preziosi acknowledged to police he was previously notified he was not allowed in the casino.
Preziosi was charged with criminal trespass – a level-three felony – and disorderly conduct. He was arraigned Friday afternoon by District Judge James Narlesky of Hanover Township (Northampton County) and committed to Northampton County Prison after failing to post $25,000.