Patch Tips for Storm Preparation
Hurricane Irene is heading up the East Coast and should arrive Saturday night.
Hurricane Irene is expected to bring heavy rain and winds gusting up to 60 mph to Bethlehem Saturday night into Sunday.
Your kit should include:
- Bottled water (one gallon per person per day).
- Non-perishable food and can opener.
- Blankets, bedding and toiletries.
- Baby formula, diapers, bottles and wet wipes, if needed.
- First-aid kit and enough prescription medicines.
- Flashlight with fresh batteries.
- Battery-operated radio.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Paper plates and plastic utensils.
- Extra cash.
- Emergency contact information.
- Manufacturer’s instructions for power-operated garage doors.
You can also visit www.health.state.pa.us and get a copy of Pennsylvania’s Emergency Preparedness Guide.
Check back for more information and storm coverage on Patch. Share your storm photos and experiences by e-mailing email@example.com.