Going into Monday night, there was an improvement over the beginning of the 2011 festival. A teen was stabbed on Main Street during the opening night of the festival a year ago – one of the most severe crimes at Musikfest in anyone’s memory. A total of 81 arrests were made during Musikfest 2011.
About 75 people are arrested during a typical Musikfest, according to city police. Last year, the most typical offenses were disorderly conduct (fighting), underage drinking and public drunkenness.
But everyone knows – and even city police admit – that not every example of bad behavior at the festival gets a stay in the city lockup or a mention on the police blotter.
Witness, for example, one Broad Street resident who told Patch that she had to clean vomit from in front of her house over the weekend. At least the festival puker was nice enough to leave behind a gift – a Musikfest mug.
Have you experienced any Musikfest-related nuisance behavior since the festival began? Tell us in the comments.
In a blog, which police amusingly billed as a guide on how not to get arrested at Musikfest, police admitted: “Your behavior has to stand out from the crowd in order for you to be arrested during the festival. We are very tolerant of a lot of bad behavior that would normally get you arrested in Bethlehem.”
So far this year, 10 of the 13 people arrested have been adults and three are juveniles. Underage drinking and public drunkenness have been the most common offenses. Most of the arrests have been made at SteelStacks or on Main Street.
Friday, August 3rd:
- A 16-year-old female arrested for underage drinking on Main Street
- A 15-year-old male arrested for underage drinking and public drunkenness on Main Street
- Sean Montes, 22, of 2 Maryland Circle, Whitehall, arrested for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia on Sand Island
Saturday, August 4th:
- Brianna Antunes, 18, of 3865 Redwood Drive, Bethlehem, arrested for underage drinking at SteelStacks
- Alick Sinift, 39, of 1324 N. New St., Bethlehem arrested for public drunkenness at Festplatz
- 15-year-old female arrested for underage drinking and public drunkenness on Main Street
- Michael Moore, 18, Flemington, Clinton County, arrested for underage drinking and criminal trespass at SteelStacks
- Hensley Perez, 23, of 223 Reservoir Road, Quakertown, arrested for public drunkenness on Main Street
Sunday August 5th:
- Jeffrey Lafrance, 30, of Edwardsville, Luzerne County, arrested for public drunkenness at SteelStacks
- Preston Ferguson, 24, of 1063 Mosser Road, Apt L206, Breinigsville, arrested for criminal mischief at SteelStacks
- Alfonso Bodon of East Stroudsburg, arrested for criminal mischief at SteelStacks
- Unknown male (report incomplete at this time), arrested for criminal mischief and disorderly conduct on Main Street
- Andrew Medwick, 61, of 1122 S. Hall St., Allentown, arrested for public drunkenness at SteelStacks