The St. Patrick’s Day celebration in the Historic and SouthSide downtowns starts today with “Beth-lum Go Bragh,” a week during which businesses in both downtowns will offer Irish-themed specials, events, entertainment, food and drink.
In addition, the Downtown Bethlehem Association is sponsoring a “Pot ‘o’ Gold Scavenger Hunt,” with a grand prize of a pair of tickets to the Celtic Classic Parade of Shamrocks St. Patrick’s Day Party and a $25 gift certificate for each of the 20 participating businesses – a $500 value.
During the scavenger hunt, which starts Monday, participants will be asked to recite lyrics that describe participating businesses.
Participants must simply recite the correct Limerick to a staff member inside the matching business to receive a stamp. Each gold-coin stamp will serve as a chance to win the entire pot.
Participants can increase their chances of taking home the gold by collecting more stamps. Participants can complete the scavenger hunt any time throughout the week, Monday to Friday, during regular business hours.
The winner of the Pot ’o’ Gold will be drawn and announced noon Saturday at American Hairlines.
Print out your passport to the Pot ’o’ Gold from the PDF attached to this story or by visiting the “Beth-lum Go Bragh” event at www.downtownbethlehemassociation.com or pick one up at the Bethlehem Visitors Center at 505 Main St.
The first 20 Contestants to complete the scavenger hunt will automatically receive a $10 gift certificate valid at any DBA Member Business. Return completed Pot ’o’ Gold Passport to Donegal Square, 534 Main St.
Other rules for the contest are as follows:
- One Passport per person or group. 18 yrs old and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Contest starts 3/12/12 deadline to complete 3/16/12 at 7pm at Donegal Square
- When turning passports in at Donegal Square a raffle ticket will be given in exchange for each stamp collected whether it is 1 or all 20. Raffle tickets will be used to pick the winner. Only 1 Grand Prize winner will be selected!
- Winner to be drawn and announced on 3/17/12 at noon at American Hairlines!
- Need not be present to win. Winner will be contacted if not present at drawing.