5 Things to Know Today
Liberty plays Whitehall for the Eastern Conference championship tonight.
Good morning Bethlehem. Today is Friday, November 18, 2011. Here comes the weekend.
- Curbside leaf collection is scheduled in the center city area bounded by Main Street, Broad Street, Stefko Boulevard, Market Street, Edge Street, Wall Street, Maple Street, Church Street and the Lehigh River.
- Expect lane restrictions on northbound Route 33 at Route 22 where contractors are milling and paving.
- Start your Christmas shopping early at the Calypso Elementary Scholastic Book Fair, presented by the Parents and Teachers of Calypso. The community is welcome to stop in and shop during school hours and again between 5:30 and 8 p.m. Proceeds go toward technology purchases, field trips and other needs for school pupils.
- Speaking of Christmas shopping, visit the 100 artisans peddling their wares at Christkindlmarkt at PNC Plaza at SteelStacks from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. The annual open air holiday market also features food, entertainment and Santa Claus. Tickets are $8 or $15 for a season pass.
- The Liberty Hurricanes visit Whitehall to play the Zephyrs for the Eastern Conference Quad-A football championship at 7 p.m. The Hurricanes (7-4) bounced back from a disappointing loss to cross-town rival Freedom to win an Eastern Conference semi-final over Wallenpaupack last weekend, setting up this rematch of Lehigh Valley Conference teams. Whitehall (8-3) won the regular season meeting, 35-12, at Bethlehem in September.